Participants and fans will be excited to hear that the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix is planning to resume our Race Week events. As we are preparing to get “Back on Track” this year we are committed to making the health safety of our community and participants our top priority. That’s why we have signed on to the PGH Commitment – a pledge with our partners at Visit Pittsburgh to deliver a gold standard in health and safety practices at our events.
The PGH Commitment is a mutual pledge between the Pittsburgh tourism and hospitality and communities and the region’s residents and visitors. It adheres to the health practices recommend by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Pennsylvania and Allegheny County Health Departments and the City of Pittsburgh.
When it comes to your health and safety, rest assured that the Pittsburgh hospitality and tourism partners are aligned in exceeding your highest expectations.
Whether you’re safely planning to visit soon or are looking ahead to future trips, we want you to know that your health safety remain our top priority. That’s why we have created the PGH Commitment – a lifelong pledge from the Pittsburgh community to our visitors and residents to deliver a gold standard in health and safety practices.
When you are ready to visit, we will be honored to welcome you to our city. Collectively, we are dedicated to making your next trip a safe and memorable experience. We look forward to welcoming you as you safely explore our city.
2021 Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix COVID-19 Safety Plan
As a major event, we are committing to putting health and safety first. We will follow the state and local health & safety guidance in place at the time of our events. We will strive to offer a safe, clean, informed, and responsible environment so that our participants, sponsors and volunteers can feel confident in attending and supporting our events.
The PVGP Commitments to:
- The health and safety of our visitors and residents will always remain our top priority.
- Our health and safety guidelines will follow the directives of the Pennsylvania and Allegheny County Health Departments, as well as the City of Pittsburgh at the time of our event.
- Our vendors and sponsors will be spaced to provide safe social distancing protocols.
- We will provide guests with the most up-to-date information and guidelines so they can confidently move through our events.
- Our tented & outdoor seating areas will meet all physical distancing guidelines.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the events.
- We will clean and sanitize common areas and surfaces regularly.
- Cars will be parked 6 feet apart to help create more social distancing for guests.
- New entrance gates to the golf course and start/finish line will allow us to count the number of walk-in spectators as well as perform forehead temperature scans if required. Guests that show obvious COVID-19 symptoms will not be allowed in. Masks will be available upon request.
- Our food vendors will adhere to Allegheny County Health requirements and we have assigned a manager with foodservice experience.
We encourage our guests to:
- Monitor their health and only attend when they are not presenting COVID-19 symptoms and/or have not had direct exposure to those that are.
- Wear a mask when in public spaces to prevent the spread of germs if required.
- Respect the requirements and health and safety guidelines posted by the PVGP.
- Maintain at least a six-foot distance from those outside of your travel party.
- Frequently wash your hands and supplement with hand sanitizer between hand washings.