July 25/26 Weekend, 2020
Attend one of the most Spectacular Vintage Races in the world – and Party ARPCA style! The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, now in its 37th year, is our Club’s biggest annual event. Come join hundreds of your fellow Club members, guests from other regions, and friends as we again gather on the lawn at Schenley Park to enjoy our cars, races and above all, camaraderie that has grown over the years. Whether this is your first PVGP weekend, or 37th, The PVGP takes place in scenic Schenley Park in the heart of Pittsburgh.
The Grand Prix congratulates the Allegheny Region of the Porsche Club of America for their tremendous support of our event since the beginning. Each year they stage one of the largest and most impressive displays in Schenley Park.
Anchoring German Hill, the Porsche Club has been one of the Grand Prix’s largest and most supportive car clubs over the years. It’s members have played key roles in the growth and success of our car shows and races.
2019 promises to be an outstanding event with new amenities geared toward making your experience more enjoyable. The Porsche Club’s PVGP Committee is planning a streamlined check-in process where attendees register through Motorsport Registration (MSR) and receive an email with their dash plaque and QR code “ticket” as attachments. As members drive up to the Porsche corral, we will scan the QR code and have your wrist bands, raffle ticket, and PVGP program pre-staged at the Registration tent. The club will also feature a Dining tent complete with linen tablecloths and new catering partner, Mission BBQ. In addition, the Full Weekend package has been discounted for 2019 while the balance of registration options remains unchanged from previous years.
Remember, you must Pre-Register to guarantee a spot in Porsche Field. Parking is limited to 250 cars. With increasing attendance and large contingent from the Chicago Region this year, space is limited.
ARPCA Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Highlights
Friday, July 19
• Pre-PVPG Glacier Tour Rally – The rally will start from the Double Wide Grill parking area, the location of our PVGP Welcome and Kick-Off Party. Mandatory Driver’s meeting starts at 12:45 p.m. First car off at 1:00 p.m. Come early and meet for lunch!
• Weekend Kick-Off Party – Double Wide Grill, Cranberry Township, PA Festivities begin around 5:00 p.m. Restaurant parking lot reserved for Porsche car show.
Saturday, July 20
• International Car Show at Schenley Park – over 3000 cars on display covering marques from around the world.
• Catered lunch, unlimited beverages and Dining Tent
• Peoples’ Choice Concours (Open to all PVGP pre-registered Porsches)
• ARPCA Silent Raffle
• Vintage racing time trials – Many of our club members participate in the races throughout Schenley Park. Be sure to cheer them on!
Sunday, July 21
• International Car Show at Schenley Park
• Catered lunch, unlimited beverages, and Dining Tent
• Vintage Car Races – Visit our club’s racers in the pit area or watch from trackside!
2011 was the 50th anniversary of the Allegheny Region of the Porsche Club of America. On March 25, 1961, 31 Porsche owners and P.C.A. members gathered at McSorley’s Restaurant in the North Hills to form their own P. C. A. Chapter. Visit the Allegheny Region’s website to learn more about their history. Porsche was the marque of the year in 1994 and 2002, each time they set a record for charitable funds raised by the marque including 2011 when $73,500 was raised from the Marque and $200,000 was split between our charities.