Weekend July 24/25, 2021
“The Cortile” is the Italian Car Show at The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix. In Italian “Cortile” translates into the courtyard which is an appropriate name for our display of fine Italian macchina on the 18th fairway of the Bob O’Connor Golf Course at Schenley Park during the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Race Weekend on July 24 and 25.
All Italian cars, all makes, and ages, are welcome to the annual Cortile Italian Car Show. Enjoy the entire weekend at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix overlooking the car shows on the Schenley Park Golf Course and the vintage races through the city streets.
Your $125 Cortile Entry includes:
– Weekend parking for your Italian car in the Cortile on the golf course.
– Cortile hat, Cortile facemask, car decal, and Race Program.
– Lunch for two in the Pittsburgh Golf Club on Saturday, July 24.
– Additional lunches can be purchased for $35 each. There are no lunches available Sunday.
Schedule – Saturday, July 24
- 8:00 AM Trailers unloaded by special arrangement
- 9:00 AM Gates open
- 9:00 AM Westinghouse Pond VIP area opens
- 9:00 AM Clubhouse opens for coffee & snacks
- 10:00 AM Cortile Cup Judges begin the tour
- 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM Lunch
- Noon – Cortile Cup Winner Announced
- 1:30 PM Cortile Cup Awards presented in the Winner’s Circle
- 4:00 PM Clubhouse Art Show closes
- 5:00 PM show ends for the day, Westinghouse Fountain area closed
Schedule – Sunday, July 25
- 9:00 AM Gates open. Westinghouse Pond Private Race viewing area opens
- 10:30 AM – 1:30 PM – Visit the Westinghouse Pond for “Wine on Nine”, a perfect time to bring some wine/cheese and enjoy the races!
- 5:00 PM show ends for the day
Online registration closes at midnight on July 14.
The “Proiettore Macchina” or featured car for the 2021 Cortile will be Lancia. Details to follow.
The Italian Cortile History
At the 2008 running of The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, “All Italian Cars” were featured as the “Marque of the Year” We had an overwhelming response! But there was no local car club and no local dealers to manage an all Italian car show. So, as a direct result, in 2009 the PVGP introduced “The Cortile”: a very unique, opulent area befitting the gorgeous Italian gems that participate. The Cortile is a PVGP run event and not a club event which makes it rather unique from many of the other car shows that occur over the Grand Prix weekend.
Now in it’s 13th year, the Cortile is a two-day car show of All Italian cars, all makes and ages are welcome. Be sure to mark your calendar and come and enjoy the weekend at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix overlooking the International car show on the Schenley Park Golf Course. It should be a spectacular weekend.