July 25/26 Weekend, 2020
“The Cortile” is the Italian Car Show at The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix. In Italian “Cortile” translates into courtyard which is an appropriate name for our display of fine Italian macchina on the 18th fairway of the Bob O’Connor Golf Course at Schenley Park during the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix’s Race Weekend on July 25 and 26.
All Italian cars, all makes and ages, are welcome to the annual Cortile Italian Car Show. Enjoy the entire weekend at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix overlooking the car shows on the Schenley Park Golf Course and the vintage races through the city streets.
$135 Entry includes:
– Weekend parking for your Italian car in the Cortile on the golf course.
– Cortile hat, poster, car decal and Race Program.
– Lunch for two in the Pittsburgh Golf Club on Saturday, July 25.
– Additional lunches can be purchased for $35 each. There are no lunches available Sunday.
Schedule – Saturday, July 25
- 8:30AM Coffee served at the Heacock Tent
- 9:00AM Gates open for Car Show Participants
- 9:00AM Westinghouse Pond VIP area opens
- 9:00AM Cortile Cup Judges begin tour
- 11:30AM PVGP Italian Race Drivers join us for lunch
- 11:30 AM Cortile Cup Winners Announced
- 11:30AM – 1:30PM Lunch
- NOON – Keynote Speaker
- 1:30PM Cortile Cup Awards presented on lawn
- 4:00PM Clubhouse Art Show closes
- 5:00PM show ends for the day, Westinghouse Fountain area closed
Schedule – Sunday, July 26
- 9:00AM Gates open. Westinghouse Private Race viewing area opens
- 10:00AM – 3:00PM – Visit the Westinghouse Pond, a perfect time to bring some wine/cheese and enjoy the races!
- 5:00PM show ends for the day
Online registration closes at midnight on July 15.
The Italian Cortile History
At 2008 running of The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, “All Italian Cars” were featured as the “Marque of the Year” We had an overwhelming response! But there was no local car club and no local dealers to manage an all Italian car show. So, as a direct result, in 2009 the PVGP introduced “The Cortile”: a very unique, opulent area befitting the gorgeous Italian gems that participate. The Cortile is a PVGP run event and not a club event which makes it rather unique from many of the other car shows that occur over the Grand Prix weekend. The “Proiettore Macchina” or featured car for 2020 Cortile will be Lancia. Details to follow.
The Cortile is a two day car show of All Italian cars, all makes and ages are welcome. Be sure to Marque your calendar and come and enjoy the weekend at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix overlooking the International car show on the Schenley Park Golf Course. It should be a spectacular weekend.