Schenley Park Race Weekend – July 15/16, 2017
All sponsors should report to the Schenley Park Golf Course clubhouse first. Please do not drive onto golf course to look for your spot. Ask for one of our contacts below and they will direct you to your assigned spot on the golf course. Sponsor spots are marked on the field on Thursday . You can not begin set-up on the golf course until 8:00 AM Friday and will be open for you to move in until 8:00 PM that night. Sponsors assigned to the start/finish line should also report to the clubhouse first to get their assigned spots.
cell: 412 559-3500
cell: 412 848-1149
cell: 412 759-3014
Bob O’Conner Golf Course at Schenley Park
5370 Schenley Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15217
Sponsors are not allowed to begin break down before 5:00 PM on Sunday, July 17 unless instructed. The races usually last until 5:00 PM and sometimes longer. Spectators and cars are still moving about the grounds all day and early break downs can cause problems. Certain properties can be left overnight, but must be removed by noon Monday, July 18. There is no security provided on Sunday night.
Hours of Operation
The show grounds are open to car show participants and spectators at 8:30 AM each day. You can open as early as 8:00 AM, but recommended hours of operation are 10:00 AM until 5:00 PM.
There is no electrical power on the golf course. You are permitted to bring your own generator if you require power. Tents are allowed as long as they are secured with stakes and ropes. If you require a tent to be erected by an outside firm you must contact All Occasion Party Rental – they are the only tent contractor licensed to erect sponsor tents. Contact Cindy Scott at 412 788-8100. Pricing is available here.
If you are in need of a lodging, the Grand Prix has several partner hotels. Please visit our Pittsburgh Hotel Partner Page.
Here is a list complied by a few of our experienced sponsors. All items may not be necessary for your set-up, but they may help trigger some other ideas.
- Tables and chairs – not supplied with many sponsor packages
- Table cloths and centerpieces
- Duct tape and Scotch tape
- Wooden stakes for hanging banners or signs
- Rope and cable-ties to hang banners and wire cutters to cut them down
- Staple gun and staples
- Landscape pins to pin down extension cords in and around the tent
- Potted plants for perimeter of tent or fence
- Utensils – forks – knifes – spoons
- Paper plates, napkins and paper towels
- Extra trash bags
- Pop barrels or coolers and plenty of ice
- Generators are available if power is needed – you will need to bring extension cords and adaptors
- Balloons and ribbon for decorations
- Directional signs
- Sponsor recognition signs and tent signage
- Product samples and literature, maybe even a plastic bag
- Foam core boards to mount posters and signs (PVGP posters too!)
- Small ladder to decorate and hang items in tent
- Name badges for staff and possibly guests – Sharpie markers are a must
- Sanitary gloves if handling any food
- Foil trays and/or aluminum foil
- 409 spray cleaner for tables and chairs, etc
- 5 gallon buckets and a few gallons of water for cleaning hands
- Donation jars with lids – if you intend to collect for our charities