FORMULA FORDS RACING THROUGH THE PARK
The PVGP welcomes The Royale Formula Ford Challenge Series back in 2017. They will be joining us at both race venues this year, on the heels of a successful 2016 outing at Schenley Park. Racers can enter events separately or race both weekends and receive a combo discount.
The Royale Formula Ford Challenge Series provides a sustainable, enjoyable, safety oriented Formula Ford racing series in the eastern United States that rewards camaraderie, sportsmanship, and preservation of historic racing machinery and principles.
Vintage Formula Ford Race – July 7-9 at Pitt Race
This will be Round #4 of The Royale Formula Ford Challenge Series and the final event before the summer break. It will be held during the PVGP race weekend on July 7/9 at Pitt Race International Complex.
- Driver Reception, raffle, and good ol’ fashioned bench racing on Friday evening for all Challenge Series participants
- Bob Woodman Tires will be on-hand to support Royale Formula Ford Challenge Series races; please pre-order wherever possible
- Optional Test & Tune on Thursday, July 6.
Vintage Formula Ford Exhibition Race – July 15/16 at Schenley Park
• This will be part of the 2017 Royale Formula Ford Challenge Series and points will be awarded for participation, not finish position. Racers that are not able to participate can make a $50 donation to PVGP and will receive 50 points toward the 2017 Challenge Series.
• Racers are eligible for the same events and amenities as our vintage racers: Friday night Driver Reception & Parade, Saturday night BBQ dinner and inclusion in Race Program and driver gift.
• 4 race sessions (80 total minutes) – The Formula Ford Group will compete as one of our race groups within the weekend schedule. Saturday morning practice – 20 minutes, Saturday afternoon Qualifying Race – 25 minutes and Sunday morning Warm Up – 15 minutes and afternoon Feature Race – 20 minutes.
• These races will be tightly regulated for all sessions – this is a challenging street circuit with stone walls, sewers, light poles and irregular pavement.
• Laurel wreaths/ribbons will be awarded in the Hofbräuhaus Winners Circle at start/finish line following the race on Sunday along with ‘Field Champion’.
• There will be a special paddock area for Formula Fords on the grass under the giant oaks in Schenley Park.
• Racers are eligible for the same events and amenities as our vintage racers: Friday Night “Forbes Avenue of Speed” Driver Reception & Parade, Saturday BBQ, 3 race sessions, dedicated paddock area, Winner Circle ceremony and inclusion in Race Program and driver gift.
There are two ways to enter to race in the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, which includes the Historic Races at Pitt Race Complex on July 7-9 and the Vintage Races at Schenley Park on July 14-16. Discounts are available if you enter both race weekends, and the PVGP will provide free storage of your race rigs between race weekends.
1. You can print out and complete the PDF Entry Form below and mail in with a check.
This is the only Entry Form available. It can be used for either race weekend or for a combined entry.
2. If you wish to use a credit card you can click the link below and use our secure portal at Greater Giving – You will still need to mail in a completed paper entry form with a copy of your racing license and medical form.
Your race entry will be fully refunded if you notify Event Chairman before your tires hit the track on your first practice session.