The German marques of Porsche and BMW are well represented on the track, as well as the showfield, at Schenley Park. Our friends at Sewickley Car Store, who carry both marques, is sponsoring our first ever Porsche-BMW Challenge Race. The race will be the last session on the day on Saturday, July 16.
Bill Swartz, who has been racing his Porsche 356 in the Park for 20 years, came up with the idea of a challenge race with his fellow Porsches versus the BMWs. Since it was his idea we put him in charge!
We expect to see plenty of 911’s 914’s and 356’s from Porsche against the BMW 2002’s. Select BMW 318’s and 325’s are being accepted this year as a special exemption – must qualify and compete at both Pitt Race Historics and Schenley Park. The cost for this single session race is $75 in addition to regular race entry.
– All qualifying Porsches and BMWs are eligible.
– Race will be 10 laps or 25 minutes.
– Grid will be determined by your best Saturday qualifying time.
– Winners will be recognized in the Hofbrauhaus Winners Circle immediately after the race.
– The top two finishers in 3 classes: Under 1600 cc, Under 2 Litres and Over 2 Litres.
Please join us for some exciting German style racing!
Contact Bill Swartz with any questions.