Saturday July 20, 2019
One of the highlights of Grand Prix Race Weekend in Schenley Park is British Car Day, sponsored by the Western Pennsylvania Triumph Association (WPTA). It features over 500 of England’s best sport and luxury automobiles. 2019 will mark the 39th year of this great event and the 32nd year that it has taken place in conjunction with the PVGP in Schenley Park. During that time the WPTA has raised $158,000 for the Grand Prix charities!
Located in the middle of the golf course it is the anchor of our International Car Show. British Car Day is the largest annual British-only car show in Pennsylvania whose proceeds have always been contributed to charity. The WPTA’s British Car Day was first held at Hartwood Acres from 1981 to 1986. In joining the Grand Prix in 1987, an immediate synergy was evident. That relationship has continued to be a huge success with each event complimenting the other.
Register Through the WPTA
You must register directly with the Western Pennsylvania Triumph Association to participate in British Car Day. The fee is $30.00 for those that register before July 1 and include a British Car Day dash plaque. After that date all British Cars must register at the gate on Saturday morning, and the cost increases to $40.00. The WPTA requires specific car information for judging. Please pay through the WPTA website from the BCD Brochure and mail with a check to the WPTA – please do not use the PVGP entry form or online pay link.
British Car Day includes all cars of British manufacture, including but not limited to: Aston Martin, Austin, Austin-Healey, Bentley, Jaguar, Lotus, Land Rover, vintage Mini, MG, Morgan, Rolls Royce, Sunbeam, Triumph and TVR. For more details please contact the Western Pennsylvania Triumph Club directly: Dexter Stoltz
British Car Day – Ground Rules
- All vehicles must be driven onto the display area
- All vehicles will be parked in designated areas only, by order of arrival. Vehicles failing to display in proper class will be disqualified from judging.
- All vehicles must be in position by 12:00 noon. Late arrivals will be turned away.
- All vehicles must remain in position until 4 p.m. No movement is permitted between 12:00 noon and 4 p.m. All vehicles must vacate display area by 5 p.m.
- In the event of rain during the event, vehicles must remain in position until released by British Car Day officials.
- In the event of emergency requiring egress, a British Car Day official will escort you off the grounds.
- Commercial advertising and “For Sale” signs are prohibited. Authorized PVGPA “For Sale” signs may be purchased at the WPTA tent and displayed.
- The Western Pennsylvania Triumph Association reserves the right to modify or move field arrangement as required due to inclement weather.