July 16/17, 2016 Weekend – Schenley Park
Every July, Schenley Park is the scene of one of the area’s largest car shows. The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix stages an International Car Show – a combined show of 20 separate displays featuring 2,000 cars. It’s a weekend show open to anyone – no invitation is needed. All makes, all years, all countries, including the U.S. are welcome, whether or not you’re with a car club. You’ll be a part of the show with the best parking spot all weekend to watch the vintage races on the streets surrounding the golf course. Shine up your ride and be a part of the show!
The entrance to International Car Show is at the top of Schenley Drive where it intersects Forbes Avenue in Squirrel Hill, just below the Schenley Park Golf Course clubhouse. We suggest you preregister online or through the mail. Drive-up entries are welcome but aren’t guaranteed a dash plaque or race program ($10 value).
Gates open at 9:30 AM and Car Shows run from 11:00 AM until 4:00 PM on the weekend.
Cost to participate in the weekend show is $35.00 per car which includes your parking spot, a race program and dash plaque. A special $30.00 discount price is available until April 30. On-line registration closes on Thursday July 14 and participants wishing to show their cars must pay at gate upon entry and the price increases to $40.00.
If you are trying to sign-up for Jaguar Marque of the Year, Italian Cortile, Pgh Cars N Coffee, BMW Club,Porsche Club, Subaru, Mercedes-Benz, or British Car Day the costs and options vary and you must register through their respective links.
The PVGP’s International Car Show is comprised of over 2,000 cars including classic, antique, and exotic vehicles from all countries – see below for details on each event. For info email Car Show Chairperson Bob Speer.
Please visit links below for individual car show details and to register:
- American Car Show
- Asian Car Show Hosted by Subaru Club, Pgh Miata Club, West Penn Mazda Club
- Audi Car Show – Hosted by Audi Club of Western PA
- British Car Day – Hosted by the Western PA Triumph Club
- BMW Car Show – Hosted by the Allegheny Region of the BMW Club of America
- Concours at the PVGP Hosted by the GPADA
- European Car Show
- Italian Cortile Car Show
- Jaguar Car Show & Concours – Hosted by the Jaguar Club of Pittsburgh
- Lotus Car Show – Hosted by Wright Lotus of Pittsburgh
- MINI Car Show– Hosted by Pitt-Stop MINI Club and MINI of Pittsburgh
- Mercedes-Benz Car Show – Hosted by the Mercedes-Benz Club of Pittsburgh
- Porsche Car Show – Hosted by the Allegheny Region Porsche Club
- Subaru Car Show – Hosted by the Pittsburgh Area Subaru Dealers
- Vintage Motorbike Show Hosted by the W.PA. Moto Guzzi Club
- Volkswagen Car Show – Hosted by the Three Rivers VW Club
- Exotic Car Display – Hosted by Cars ‘N” Coffee Pittsburgh
- Larry Smith Award – In Honor of Larry Smith, the PVGP Car Show Founder